We care. That’s the over arching theme, trend, characteristic, trait, what ever you’d like to call it. The great thing about the RPCV Phoenix group and its members is that we all care about making the world better in big ways and in small, close to home and across the world. Check out some of the efforts highlighted in the drop-down menu under “Service”. Aside from those we have many, many other one-off and semi-regular service engagements. Some of these include:
- Serving meals at the St. Vincent de Paul
- Cleaning up around houses with Hands On Phoenix
- Litter Clean up with the Northern Arizona Peace Corps Association
- Sorting medical supplies with Project C.U.R.E
- Funding Peace Corps Partnership Program Projects
- Sorting clothes for WHEAT (World Hunger Education, Advocacy & Training)
In 2017 we’ll also be highlighting the service our members do individually as well as collectively. So, if you’re volunteering out there on your own, you live in Phoenix (or Arizona for that matter) and your a returned Peace Corps Volunteer – email us a picture of you making your difference and we will highlight you on our blog, Facebook group, or/and newsletter!
Would you like to organize a community service project?! We’d ❤️ that! Email us!